Earlier this month the Whiich Bingo Annual Online Bingo report was released and in it, there is some interesting data on the spends for TV advertising! You can access the full Which Bingo report on this link.
The reason for our interest in the figures for the commercials was that actually, the one we find most tedious and least like it is adverting and online bingo site, spent the most at a whopping £12.4million!
Tombola spent that much on their campaigns in 2016 and we think it is far from the best.
Gala Bingo was second on the spending table, but even they were £4.4million behind Tombola at just £8million – pocket change in bingo right?
Mecca Bingo was next with £6.8million, and then Foxy with just £5million. We think Foxy’s spend is going to be substantially higher in 2017 though with the new face of the brand, Heather Graham.
The rest of the top ten looked like this:
- Sky Bingo – £3.9million
- Wink Bingo – £2.8 million
- Sun Bingo – £2.6million
- Costa Bingo – £0.9millon
- Heart Bingo – £0.5million
- bet365 Bingo – £0.5million
Highlights Of The Big Bingo Spenders
- It was reported that in total only £45.5 million was spent on TV advertising in 2016, a drop in over £10 million when compared with 2015.
- It was said that of all the bingo brands there are online, only 19 advertised their wares on the small screen in 2016.
- Some noticeable absences in 2016 were Jackpotjoy, William Hill and Paddy Power – although the latter certainly pushed their sports book on TV.
- The top ten brands listed above were responsible for 95% of the overall spend. 80% of that was from the top five.
Which Bingo couldn’t end without saying that they were the only affiliate site to advertise on TV in 2016.