Gossip, Entertainment, Real Life & Lols

Ex Top Gear presenter wont face assault chargesAfter his infamous sacking from the BBC and from his role of presenter on Top Gear, Jeremy Clarkson was also set to face charges from the police for his part in the fracas with Oisin Tymon while recording in North Yorkshire.

The controversial presenter was given the boot this week after the boss of the BBC Tony Hall described his actions as unforgivable, and North Yorkshire police were all set to question him on the back of what Tymon’s lawyers called an “unprovoked attack.”

However, after giving it serious consideration, Tymon will not be pressing charges against Clarkson with his lawyer giving a statement to the media on Friday. He said “Mr Tymon has informed the police that he doesn’t want to press charges.

“The events of the last few weeks have been extremely unpleasant for everyone involved. The matter has taken a great toll on Oisin, his family and his friends. Quite simply, he just wishes to to the job he loves, as soon as possible. The BBC have, in his view, taken action with a view to addressing the issues at hand and Mr Tymon agrees that all parties should now be allowed to move on, so far as possible.”

The news comes as a light at the end of a dark week for Clarkson, who said on Thursday that he wanted the press to “leave Ois alone because none of this was his fault.”

With no further disciplinary action to be taken, either by the law or the BBC, Clarkson can now take stock and consider his future options. Fans of Top Gear, however, are still left wondering what the sacking means for the show with producers saying that the series will continue; while co-stars James May and Richard Hammond – who have been supportive of Clarkson on social media – have yet to make any public announcements over their own futures on the show.